Sunday, August 29, 2010

Namaste Restaurant

Cost: $11.95 at dinner for all you can eat buffet

8303 NE Sandy Blvd.
Open for lunch and dinner


I am kind of new to Indian food, and Namaste restaurant has been the perfect way to try out different dishes to see what I like and dislike. They offer an all you can eat buffet for only $11.95 at dinner (even cheaper at lunch), and my boyfriend and I have become regular customers here.

The worst part about this place is the decor. They bought an old restaurant next to a hotel (I think it used to be a seafood restaurant), and they haven't done anything to make it look nicer or fit in with the Indian theme really.

That being said, the people are all friendly. When you get here they give you a pitcher of water for your table (drinks are additional), and they tell you you can get started.

They usually have at least five to six vegetarian choices, three chicken items, and often they have goat or lamb as well. I stick to the chicken and veggies, but my boyfriend likes both the lamb and goat curries. They have two kinds of rice, some salad items, and two kinds of soup. They also have naan bread and papadum.

My favorite thing, though, is the self-serve homemade mango ice cream. It is GOOD.

Another nice thing about this place is that if you aren't feeling the atmosphere, you can instead opt for takeout. They give you a plastic container with dividers which you can go and fill up. This is probably best to try after you have been to the buffet once or twice, so you know what you like and dislike.

I would recommend this place to anyone. The food is actually pretty good, and it's a fun way to try multiple Indian dishes.

--E

Namaste on Urbanspoon

2 comments: